LAST UPDATE 29 AUGUST 2013
As you navigate through the Site, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies. We and our external service providers collect and use passive information in different ways, including:
- Via your browser: Most browsers collect certain data, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and type and sort of internet browser. We may collect comparable information, such as the type of device and the identification number, if you access the Site using a mobile device.
You can refuse these cookies by following the instructions in your browser; however, if you do not accept them, you may experience some inconvenience when using the Site. It is also possible that you will not receive any advertisements or other offers from us that reflect your interests and requirements. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Use of Flash cookies: Our use of Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) allows us, among other things, to display information that is more tailored to your interests, to guarantee constant access to and use of the Site, and to collect and retain information about your use of the Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs to be downloaded onto your computer, you can change the settings on your Flash player to prevent download of Flash LSOs by making use of the tools that are available on the configuration screen for website download settings. You can also manage Flash LSOs by going to the General Download Settings screen and following the instructions, which may include instructions that explain, for example, how existing Flash LSOs can be removed (the Macromedia site refers to these as “information”), how you can prevent Flash LSOs from being saved on your computer without your permission, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how you can block Flash LSOs which have not been provided by the manager of the page where you are now. We wish to point out that if you set up Flash player in such a way that acceptance of Flash LSOs is restricted or limited, this may reduce or hinder the operation of some Flash applications, including possible Flash applications that are used in connection with the Site or our online information.
- Use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other comparable technology: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML formatted e-mail messages in order, among other things, to follow actions of Site users and recipients of e-mails, to measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and to compile statistics about the use of the Site and response percentages.
- IP addresses: Your IP address is a number which your internet provider automatically assigns to the computer that you use. An IP address is automatically identified and recorded in our server log files every time a user visits our websites, together with the duration of the visit and the pages that have been viewed. Collecting IP addresses is a standard procedure on the internet and many websites do this automatically. We use IP addresses to calculate use levels on the Site, to support diagnoses of server problems and to make it possible to manage the Site.
- Information about the device: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identification number.
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We also disclose information collected through the Site:
- to our third party partners with whom we offer a co-branded or co-marketed promotion;
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer services, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your own country.
Unless we specifically ask or request this, we will not ask you to send or disclose to us sensitive personal information (e.g. information concerning race or ethnic origin, political views, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal record or trade union membership) on or via the Site or otherwise. Should we ask you to provide us with sensitive information, then we will do this with your express permission.
Turnhoutseweg 30, B-2340 Beerse, Belgium